Latest news from the off-season and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season is in full swing following the Denver Broncos’ Super Bowl 50 victory over the Carolina Panthers, with news emerging around the league.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Philadelphia Eagles don’t plan to use their franchise tag on quarterback Sam Bradford, allowing him to become a free agent, reports the Philadelphia Daily News’ Les Bowen.
• The Miami Dolphins “definitely” want to re-sign running back Lamar Miller, reports the Miami Herald’s Adam Beasley.
• Tennessee Titans general manager Jon Robinson has had “multiple discussions” with several teams about trading the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, reports NFL Network’s Chase Goodbread.
• Broncos offensive lineman Evan Mathis told SiriusXM NFL Radio that he believes quarterback Peyton Manning will retire.
• Broncos linebacker Von Miller admitted to Peter King that he illegally batted the ball towards the Carolina Panthers’ end zone after forcing quarterback Cam Newton to fumble at the end of Super Bowl 50.
• Defensive back Tyrann Mathieu said that he has been working on a contract extension with the Arizona Cardinals and wants to spend his whole career with the team, reports Fox Sports 910’s Mike Jurecki.
• The NFL salary cap is expected to rise by $12 million to $155 million for the 2016 season, reports NFL Network’s Rand Getlin.