Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL Scouting Combine kicked off Tuesday, giving every team a look at the top 300 prospects eligible for the draft. However, teams are also still looking at their current rosters, making cuts and working on in-house contract negotiations ahead of the new league year on March 9.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Washington Redskins president Bruce Allen told 1090 AM in San Diego that the team will part ways with quarterback Robert Griffin III, but that he believes RGIII will get an opportunity to play somewhere else.
• The New Orleans Saints are expected to release wide receiver Marques Colston, reports ESPN’s Mike Triplett.
• Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict told ESPN’s Josina Anderson that he is trying to change his style of play after being suspended for repeatedly violating the NFL’s player safety rules.
• Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy and his lawyer met with the Philadelphia district attorney on Tuesday as part of the investigation into his role in a bar fight on Feb. 7, reports 6abc.com.
• Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo could shave down a portion of his collarbone instead of having it plated, reports the Dallas Morning News’ Brandon George. Romo was limited to just four games last year after fracturing his left clavicle twice.
• Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler issued an apology for appearing to facilitate a fight between two women that was caught on video.
• The Chargers are looking to build a new stadium in downtown San Diego, the team announced.