Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
We’ve hit Day 4 of the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, and it marks the first day that players will hit the field at Lucas Oil Stadium.
For the next four days, draft hopefuls will be participating in the 40-yard dash, broad and vertical jumps, three-cone drill, shuttle run and tailored position skill drills. For players looking to boost their stock with two months to go until draft day, this is the perfect opportunity to showcase their abilities in front of the scouting departments and executive offices of all 32 NFL teams.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Dallas police have completed the investigation into the domestic violence case stemming from an incident between Johnny Manziel and his ex-girlfriend, the department announced.
• San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s agents have asked the team for clearance to seek a trade, according to NFL.com’s Rand Getlin.
• Free-agent running back Trent Richardson plans to sign with the Baltimore Ravens, reports Matt Zenitz of AL.com.
• New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton believes “strongly” that the team will reach a new deal with starting quarterback Drew Brees, he said in an interview with NBC Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio.
• Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy are confident that wide receiver Jordy Nelson will be back in time for OTAs, the duo told reporters Thursday.
• Seattle Seahawks left tackle Russell Okung says it’s “very possible” that he’ll return to the team after hitting free agency on March 9, he told Sheil Kapadia of ESPN.com.
• The Baltimore Ravens used their franchise tag on kicker Justin Tucker on Friday morning, according to a tweet by Tucker's agent. Baltimore is the first team to use its franchise tag this off-season.