Latest news from the NFL Scouting Combine and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL Combine ended Monday after the defensive backs took the field for workouts. Florida State’s Jalen Ramsey cemented his status as the top DB prospect in the draft, posting a 4.41-second 40-yard dash time and 41.5-inch vertical leap.
Now, teams will turn their attentions back to their own rosters ahead of the franchise tag deadline on Tuesday and the start of the new league year on March 9.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos plan to use their franchise tag on Super Bowl MVP linebacker Von Miller, reports Cameron Wolfe of the Denver Post.
• Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler is set to be a free agent, and the Houston Texans will try to sign him away from Denver, reports CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora.
• The Chicago Bears announced they have used their franchise tag on wide receiver Alshon Jeffery.
• The Los Angeles Rams are discussing a contract extension with head coach Jeff Fisher, reports ESPN’s Nick Wagoner.
• New Orleans Saints wide receiver Marques Colston was released by the team Monday, reports ESPN’s Mike Triplett.
• Houston Texans wide receiver Jaelen Strong was arrested Monday for marijuana possession, reports the Associated Press.
• The Oakland Raiders have re-signed punter Marquette King to a five-year, $16 million deal, reports La Canfora.