By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Many NFL teams have already turned their attention to next month’s NFL draft, but there are still a few moves that are making waves in free agency. The biggest news of Monday comes from the New Orleans Saints, who signed defensive tackle Nick Fairley to a one-year deal.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman is seeking a $16 million deal in extension talks with the team, reports the Charlotte Observer’s Joseph Person. A deal of that size would make Norman the highest paid cornerback in NFL history.
• The Dallas Cowboys will not draft Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa with their No. 4 pick even if he is still available, reports NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein.
• The Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills and Philadelphia Eagles are all targeting Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott in the draft, reports NFL.com’s Chase Goodbread.
• Free-agent safety Husain Abdullah announced his retirement on Instagram, citing the five concussions he suffered during his seven-year career as contributing factors to his decision.
• Tight end Jared Cook has signed a one-year, $3.6 million deal with the Green Bay Packers, reports ESPN.
• The Oakland Raiders will pay a nearly $2.6 million rent increase to stay at O.co Coliseum this season, reports the Oakland Tribune.