NFL rumors: Latest news from the off-season on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
While teams across the NFL have been preparing for the draft, which is less than three weeks away, the league is pausing to mourn the loss of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith, who was fatally shot following a traffic accident on Saturday night.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos traded offensive tackle Ryan Clady to the New York Jets, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• Though that trade freed up over $10 million in cap space for the Broncos, it has “no impact” on Denver’s pursuit of Colin Kaepernick and its desire for him to take a pay cut, reports Mike Klis of 9 News.
• The San Francisco 49ers are looking to trade offensive tackle Anthony Davis and safety Antoine Bethea, reports the MMQB’s Peter King.
• Free-agent safety Donte Whitner visited the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday, reports Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio.
• Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Mike DeVito announced his retirement in a column in the Bangor Daily News.
• Johnny Manziel told TMZ that he is living with Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller.
• Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said that football is “being attacked” and that moms are scared to let their sons play football, reports KPNX’s Robby Baker.