The 2016 NFL draft is less than a month away and college players are crisscrossing the country to work out for teams.
The Tennessee Titans made a splash on Thursday by trading away their No. 1 draft pick to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for four picks in this year’s draft and two in the 2017 draft.
The draft is set to begin on April 28 with the second and third rounds taking place on April 29. The draft concludes on April 30 with the fourth through seventh rounds. View the full NFL draft order here.
Find a round-up of the latest rumors ahead of the draft below:
• After missing out on trading for the No. 1 pick, the Eagles are still looking to move up in the draft order. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reports Philadelphia could work out a trade with the Browns, who have the No. 2 pick, if the Rams take the quarterback they want with the first pick.
• Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch visited the Saints on Thursday and will visit the Jets on Friday, Rapoport reports.
• Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott visited the Cardinals on Thursday, Rapoport reports.
• Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will travel to Berkeley, Calif., to attend a private workout with Cal quarterback Jared Goff, ESPN’s Todd Archer reports. Jones has also watched Lynch work out, despite previously expressing his confidence in Tony Romo’s ability to play for several more years.
• With their newly acquired No. 1 draft pick, the Rams likely plan to select North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz, reports Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times. However, the Rams are still considering Jared Goff and definitely plan to draft a quarterback, Farmer reports.
• The Rams worked out Wentz several weeks ago and have been doing research on all the top quarterback prospects, Rapoport reports.
• The Eagles were reportedly also in talks about trading for the No. 1 pick, as they are also interested in Wentz, before the Titans-Rams deal came through, Rapoport reports. The Eagles have the No. 8 pick and are looking at drafting a quarterback despite having Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel on their roster, Rapoport reports.
• Baylor defensive end Shawn Oakman was arrested on a sexual assault charge on Wednesday. Oakman was once projected by SI to be selected with the No. 1 pick, but his stock could drop significantly after the arrest. An NFC executive told NFL.com the pending charges make Oakman “undraftable now.”
• After the Titans-Rams trade, defensive back Jalen Ramsey could fall to a team with the third through fifth picks, according to Rapoport.