NFL draft rumors: Latest news on players, workouts and team interest
The 2016 NFL draft is less than two weeks away and college players are crisscrossing the country to work out for teams.
The draft is set to begin on April 28, with the second and third rounds taking place on April 29. The draft concludes on April 30 with the fourth through seventh rounds.
View the full NFL draft order here.
Find a round-up of the latest rumors ahead of the draft below:
• After trading the No. 1 pick to the Los Angeles Rams last week for the No. 15 pick and a variety of others, the Tennessee Titans are trying to move back up in the draft. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports Titans general manager Jon Robinson is attempting to orchestrate a trade that would move the team back into the top 10 picks.
• Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell will visit the New York Giants on Monday, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday and the New York Jets on Wednesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
• Alabama defensive lineman Jarran Reed will also visit with the Jets, traveling to New York on Monday, Rapoport reports. Reed will meet with the Chargers and Texans later in the week.
• Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott will meet with the Miami Dolphins on Monday, Rapoport reports. Elliott’s former position coach, Stan Drayton, will meet with him when he visits the Bears on Wednesday, Rapoport reports.
• The Jets are not expected to reach an agreement with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick before the draft, which could impact the selections the team makes, Rapoport reports.
• Cal quarterback Jared Goff visited with the 49ers on Monday, reports CSN’s Matt Maiocco.
• USC quarterback Cody Kessler has worked out for and visited with the Chargers, Saints, Browns and Lions, reports Rapoport.