NFL draft rumors: Latest news on players, workouts and team interest
The 2016 NFL draft is less than two weeks away and college players are traveling around the country to work out for teams.
The draft is set to begin on April 28, with the second and third rounds taking place on April 29. The draft concludes on April 30 with the fourth through seventh rounds.
View the full NFL draft order here.
Find a round-up of the latest rumors ahead of the draft below:
• Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg had a productive visit with the Jets on Monday, and is scheduled to meet with the Redskins on Tuesday, the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports.
• The Rams will again host North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz on Tuesday, and will bring in Cal quarterback Jared Goff later this week, reports Steve Wyche of the NFL Network.
• The Cleveland Browns favor Goff, but the team is also interested in trading its No. 2 pick, reports the MMQB’s Peter King.
• The Dallas Cowboys like USC quarterback Cody Kessler, and are expected to pick up a quarterback in this year’s draft, Rapoport reports.
• The Cowboys are flying Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott to their facility for a visit Tuesday, reports Rapoport.
• Auburn cornerback Blake Countess has visited, worked out for or met with 13 teams, including the Giants, Ravens and Redskins, reports the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.
• Louisiana Tech quarterback Jeff Driskel visited the Texans on Tuesday, reports Wilson.
• Texas A&M cornerback Brandon Williams visited the Steelers on Tuesday, which was his fifth visit to go along with 14 private workouts, reports Wilson.
• Oklahoma State pass rusher Emmanuel Ogbah will visit with the Falcons and Chargers this week, reports Wilson.
• The Titans scheduled a late visit Tuesday with Virginia Tech cornerback Kendall Fuller, reports Rapoport.
• After trading the No. 1 pick to the Los Angeles Rams last week for the No. 15 pick and a variety of others, the Tennessee Titans are trying to move back up in the draft. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports Titans general manager Jon Robinson is attempting to orchestrate a trade that would move the team back into the top 10 picks.
• Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell will visit the New York Giants on Monday, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday and the New York Jets on Wednesday, Rapoport reports.
• Alabama defensive lineman Jarran Reed will also visit with the Jets, traveling to New York on Monday, Rapoport reports. Reed will meet with the Chargers and Texans later in the week.
• Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott will meet with the Miami Dolphins on Monday, Rapoport reports. Elliott’s former position coach, Stan Drayton, will meet with him when he visits the Bears on Wednesday, Rapoport reports.
• The Jets are not expected to reach an agreement with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick before the draft, which could impact the selections the team makes, Rapoport reports.
• Goff visited with the 49ers on Monday, reports CSN’s Matt Maiocco.
• USC quarterback Cody Kessler has worked out for and visited with the Chargers, Saints, Browns and Lions, reports Rapoport.