Josh Norman rumors: Latest news on where the ex-Panthers CB could sign
Josh Norman became a free agent on Wednesday when the Carolina Panthers rescinded the franchise tag they had placed on their star cornerback earlier this off-season.
Now that Norman is available, several teams have inquired about signing him, including the Washington Redskins and the San Francisco 49ers.
Read the latest news and rumors about where Norman could sign below.
• Whichever team Norman signs with, the deal is expected to be worth between $14 million and $15 million over five years, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.
• The Dolphins reached out to Norman but are likely out of the running to sign him, reports the Miami Herald.
• Schefter reports the idea of playing in California is appealing to Norman, and notes the 49ers have plenty of salary cap space they could use to sign him.
• Norman will visit the Redskins at their facility in Ashburn, Va. on Friday afternoon, reports ESPN’s John Keim. The Redskins have just $11.4 million of cap space remaining.
• CSN’s Chick Hernandez reports the Redskins “will do everything in their power to not let [Norman] leave Redskins Park without a deal.” Norman is reportedly planning on meeting with the 49ers next.
• As of 6:45 p.m. ET on Friday, Schefter reports that the decision is down to the Redskins and Saints.