Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL draft is less than a week away, but that’s not the only major storyline around the NFL. Josh Norman is now on the open market and several teams are interested in landing the cornerback.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Josh Norman is expected to sign a deal worth $14 million to $15 million, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The San Francisco 49ers and Washington Redskins are considering five-year offers.
• The two favorites for Norman are the 49ers and Redskins, reports NFL.com. Norman will visit with the Redskins on Friday. The Dolphins were interested, but have pulled out of the running, reports the Miami Herald.
• In non-Norman free agency updates, quarterback Brian Hoyer has interest from the New York Jets and Denver Broncos, reports the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. However, both sides will wait at least a few days before trying to work out a deal.
• The trade talks between the San Francisco 49ers and the Denver Broncos regarding quarterback Colin Kaepernick are “dormant,” general manager John Elway told NFL.com. However, Elway did say an offer is still on the table.
• The San Diego Chargers and Arizona Cardinals are taking last-minute visits to check out Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones, reports ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler. Jones would learn from Carson Palmer or Philip Rivers if taken by the Chargers or Cardinals.
• The New Orleans Saints are bringing in former wide receiver Robert Meachem for a workout, reports Nick Underhill of the New Orleans Advocate. Meachem played for the Saints from 2007 to ’11 and again in 2013 and 2014.
• The Detroit Lions have no interest in trading quarterback Matt Stafford. The Detroit Free Press asked general manager Bob Quinn if he ever thought about what he could get in a trade for Stafford, and Quinn quickly shot that idea down, saying he has “no interest” in trading Stafford.