Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL draft kicks off with the first round on Thursday night, and teams are finalizing their draft boards and making their final preparations. With the countdown to the draft ticking down, the rumor mill is churning with potential draft day deals and probable destinations for top prospects.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The San Diego Chargers are expected to take Notre Dame offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley with the No. 3 pick, reports Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio.
• Former UCLA linebacker Myles Jack’s knee injury may require more surgery, a prognosis that is expected to drop him out of the top 10 picks, reports NFL Network’s Mike Mayock.
• Georgia linebacker Leonard Floyd is now expected to be drafted in the top 10, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• The Kansas City Chiefs are shopping running back Knile Davis, reports CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora.
• Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller expects to have a long-term extension with the team done soon, according to the Associated Press.
• Former San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman Anthony Davis ripped the team’s front office on Twitter, saying the team doesn’t really want to win. Davis shockingly retired prior to the 2015 season.
• The NFL won’t re-open settlement talks with Tom Brady regarding his four-game suspension, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.