Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season is in a bit of a lull, with the draft complete and only a few notable names left on the free-agent market. However, there’s still buzz around the league on signings, retirements and injuries.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Ricardo Lockette will announce his retirement Thursday, reports NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. The Seattle Seahawks wide receiver sustained a serious neck injury last year, but had hoped to play again.
• New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman underwent foot surgery, ESPN reports. However, the procedure was a minor one and Edelman should be back in time for training camp.
• Former Indianapolis Colts first-round pick Bjoern Werner has found a new home. The defensive end signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to Rapoport.
• After turning down offers to play in the NFL last year, it appeared that quarterback Jason Campbell had intentions to play this season when a tweet was sent from his account alluding to a possible return to the league. ESPN’s Josina Anderson reported, however, that the tweet did not come from Campbell’s real account.
• Melvin Gordon underwent microfracture knee surgery in January, but the San Diego Chargers aren’t worried about his recovery. General manager Tom Telsco told ESPN that he thinks Gordon will be ready in time for training camp.
• The Oakland Raiders announced the signing of former USC defensive end Greg Townsend Jr. as an undrafted free agent. His father is the Raiders’ all-time sacks leader.