NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, draft picks
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season has quieted down, as most teams have filled out their rosters. However, there are a few notable names left on the market and there’s still plenty of buzz around the league.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins sustained a broken foot, but is expected to be ready for training camp, reports the Buffalo News’ Tyler Dunne.
• Bills first-round pick Shaq Lawson will undergo shoulder surgery to prevent re-aggravating a pre-existing injury, the team announced.
• Long-term extension talks between the Washington Redskins and quarterback Kirk Cousins have not progressed recently, reports The Washington Post’s Mike Jones.
• Denver Broncos quarterback Mark Sanchez will miss the start of OTAs with a thumb injury, the team announced.
• The Arizona Cardinals are working on a long-term extension with safety Tyrann Mathieu, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola may not be ready for the start of the regular season after knee and ankle surgeries this off-season, reports the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe.
• The Tennessee Titans announced they have waived quarterback Zach Mettenberger.
• Guard Matt Tobin has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, reports ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
• The Carolina Panthers have released cornerback Brandon Boykin just two months after signing him.