Organized Team Activities are underway in the NFL, and most of the rosters around the league are set. However, there are still several quality players left on the free-agent market who are drawing interest.
Check out all the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Eric Decker is not at the New York Jets’ OTAs this week because he’s upset with Ryan Fitzpatrick’s contract situation. The New York Post reports Decker is protesting the Jets for not yet re-signing the quarterback.
• When Al-Jazeera America reported that HGH was delivered to Peyton Manning’s wife Ashley, Manning said he could sue the news channel. Instead, USA Today reports that Manning won’t move forward with a lawsuit because he doesn’t want to spend the time or money on it.
• Arian Foster is still recovering from a torn Achilles, but is close to being fully healthy. Foster told ABC 13 in Houston that he needs another month to “be at that Pro Bowl level” he has played at.
• Dez Bryant’s recovery from surgery on his right foot and ankle is going well. He told the team’s website that he’s “getting back to [his] old self.”
• Justin Gilbert has struggled with the Cleveland Browns, but the new regime isn’t giving up on the third-year pro. Defensive coordinator Ray Horton told Cleveland.com that Gilbert, and everyone else, is starting with a clean slate.
• The Atlanta Falcons have confirmed that free-agent pass rusher Dwight Freeney will visit with the team next week. The 36-year-old had eight sacks in 11 games last year for the Arizona Cardinals.
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide—from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Andy Staples, Grant Wahl, and more—delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.