Latest news from the NFL off-season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season has teams currently in the middle of OTAs. Most have already filled out their rosters, but there are still several big names left on the free agency market.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New York Jets wide receivers Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall are back with the team after skipping the first week of OTAs to show support for unsigned quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, reports Pro Football Talk’s Josh Alper.
• Fitzpatrick may sign with a team other than the Jets and take less money “on principle,” reports the New York Daily News’ Manish Mehta.
• Chat Sports: Five NFL teams who have had the best off-season
• Chicago Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery will likely play out the entire season on the franchise tag, reports the Chicago Tribune’s Dan Wierderer.
• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger called out the team’s young receivers, saying they need to “step up” this year, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Ray Fittipaldo.
• Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak said projected third-stringer Trevor Siemian could win the team’s starting quarterback job, reports The Denver Post’s Troy Renek.
• Chat Sports: More NFL rumors and news inside the Chat Sports app
• Defensive end Dion Jordan told USA Today’s Tom Pelissero that he is applying for reinstatement into the NFL. Jordan was suspended one year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
• The Houston Texans waived offensive tackle David Quessenberry, who is a year removed from entering remission from cancer, reports NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport.