Latest news from the NFL off-season.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
With minicamps underway for teams across the NFL, teams and fans are getting a first glance at each team’s full rosters for the 2016 season. Aside from minicamp, teams’ remaining focus is on contract extensions as the end of the off-season approaches.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• San Diego Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa is skipping the team’s minicamp, reports the San Diego Union Tribune. The No. 3 overall pick has yet to sign amid a contract dispute over offset language.
• The Baltimore Ravens are trying to trade offensive tackle Eugene Monroe, reports the Baltimore Sun. Head coach John Harbaugh told the Sun that Monroe will not practice while trade talks occur. The NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport expects Monroe to be off the roster by the end of the week.
• The Ravens could have a player in mind to replace Monroe. The Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens tried out former Philadelphia Eagles guard Todd Herremans.
• Miami Dolphins safety Reshad Jones is ending his holdout. The MMQB’s Albert Breer reported that Jones is already at the Dolphins’ facility.
• The Denver Broncos have reached a contract extension with inside linebacker Brandon Marshall. Rapoport reports that the contract is a four-year deal worth $32 million, with $20 million in guarantees.
• Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay wants a new contract. Slay told the Detroit Free Press that he considers himself a top-seven cornerback and would like to be paid as one.
• The Dallas Cowboys will be without running back Darren McFadden after he broke his elbow. The Dallas Morning News reports the injury occurred when McFadden tried to catch his falling cell phone.