Latest news from the NFL off-season on Reggie Bush’s expected future with the Bills, the end of DeAndre Hopkins’s holdout and the lack of communication between Joey Bosa and the Chargers.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Anticipation for the upcoming NFL season is increasing, as all 32 NFL teams are now in the midst of training camp. There is also excitement surrounding preseason, which begins on Sunday with the Hall of Fame Game between the Indianapolis Colts and Green Bay Packers.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Free-agent running back Reggie Bush is visiting the Buffalo Bills on Monday and is expected to sign with the team, the reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• The Bills are expected to sign quarterback Tyrod Taylor to a long-term contract extension before the start of the regular season, reports Rapoport.
• Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins ended his holdout after missing the first day of training camp, reports ESPN’s Tania Ganguli.
• Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown told reporters that he wants a new contract. He is slated to make $6.25 million this season.
• The San Diego Chargers have not talked to unsigned rookie defensive end Joey Bosa since Thursday, reports Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio. Bosa, the No. 3 pick in the 2016 draft, is the final unsigned first-round pick.
• New York Jets running back Matt Forte is being held out of training camp with a hamstring injury, reports Seth Walder of the New York Daily News.
• Miami Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi is being held out of practice Monday with a knee injury, reports NFL Network’s Jeff Darlington. The issue is not expected to be serious.