NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Week 2 of the NFL pre-season starts Thursday with six games on the slate. The Pittsburgh Steelers against the Philadelphia Eagles and the Minnesota Vikings visiting the Seattle Seahawks are the top matchups, with both games on NFL Network. The other major storyline of the day is the four-game suspension of Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians was taken to the hospital on Tuesday night after experiencing stomach pain. The NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Arians is expected to be released on Wednesday and will rejoin the team.
• Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Brandon LaFell has a torn ligament in his hand, reports the NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. Surgery is an option, but Garafolo reports it's not a season-ending injury.
• The Cleveland Browns have suspended cornerback K'Waun Williams for two weeks over an ongoing dispute about his physical status, according to NFL.com. Williams is battling an ankle injury that the Browns think is healed. Williams will lose one game check for the suspension.
• After losing quarterback Thad Lewis for the season, the San Francisco 49ers have found a replacement. The team announced it signed former first-round pick Christian Ponder.
• In other 49ers news, quarterback Colin Kaepernick has yet to resume throwing, reports the Sacramento Bee. He has not thrown a pass at practice since last Wednesday as he battles a sore right shoulder.
• Former New York Giants offensive tackle Will Beatty will work out with the Carolina Panthers, reports Newsday. Beatty was released earlier this off-season and the Jacksonville Jaguars have already offered him a deal.