The latest news from the NFL off-season on Matt Forte's return to practice and Jordy Nelson's injury status.
By Josh Gray, Chat Sports
Week 2 of the NFL preseason gets under way on Thursday night with 12 teams returning to the field.
Several players have been making their returns to the field as well, with Matt Forte coming back from injury to participate in training camp on Wednesday and Jordy Nelson getting cleared to practice after passing his physical.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New York Jets running back Matt Forte got his first work in team training camp drills on Wednesday, but he won't play in this week's preseason game, reports SNY's Ralph Vacchiano. Forte maintains he will be ready for the season opener on Sept. 11.
• Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson has been cleared to return to practice after passing his physical on Wednesday, according to NFL.com. Nelson missed all of the 2015 season after he tore his ACL in a preseason game.
• New York Giants kicker Josh Brown was suspended for one game by the NFL. According to James Kratch of NJ.com, the suspension arises from a domestic violence arrest in May of 2015.
• Cleveland Browns cornerback K'Waun Williams will appeal the two-game suspension levied on him by the team, according to Cleveland.com. The suspension was issued to him for what the team called multiple violations of team rules.
• San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke says quarterback Colin Kaepernick is not injured, but rather has a fatigued arm, according to the Sacramento Bee. Kaepernick did not play in the 49ers' first preseason game.
• The NFL announced that Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Zach Sterup has been suspended four games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, according to Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star. Sterup is an undrafted rookie out of Nebraska.