The latest news from the NFL off-season on Tom Brady's thumb laceration, Dez Bryant's concussion and trade rumors involving Josh Gordon.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We are halfway through the NFL preseason, as teams are now preparing for their "dress rehearsal" Week 3 games. Action gets started on Thursday with the Atlanta Falcons facing the Miami Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks hosting the Dallas Cowboys.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is expected to miss the rest of the preseason with a concussion, reports Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan.
• The Cleveland Browns have received multiple trade offers for wide receiver Josh Gordon, but do not plan to trade him at this time, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• The Indianapolis Colts announced they have signed veteran cornerback Antonio Cromartie.
• Cromartie will help fill the void left by Colts cornerback Vontae Davis, who is expected to miss the first month of the regular season with an ankle injury, reports Schefter.
• New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady returned to practice on Tuesday after missing the last two days, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
• Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak announced that quarterback Trevor Siemian will start over Mark Sanchez on Saturday against the Los Angeles Rams.
• San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick returned to practice for the first time since Aug. 10 and will play Friday against the Packers, reports Matt Barrow of the Sacramento Bee.