By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We are halfway through the NFL preseason, as teams are now preparing for their "dress rehearsal" Week 3 games. Action gets started on Thursday with the Atlanta Falcons facing the Miami Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks hosting the Dallas Cowboys.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is expected to miss the rest of the preseason with a concussion, reports Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan.
• The Cleveland Browns have received multiple trade offers for wide receiver Josh Gordon, but do not plan to trade him at this time, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• The Indianapolis Colts announced they have signed veteran cornerback Antonio Cromartie.
• Cromartie will help fill the void left by Colts cornerback Vontae Davis, who is expected to miss the first month of the regular season with an ankle injury, reports Schefter.
• New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady returned to practice on Tuesday after missing the last two days, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
• Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak announced that quarterback Trevor Siemian will start over Mark Sanchez on Saturday against the Los Angeles Rams.
• San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick returned to practice for the first time since Aug. 10 and will play Friday against the Packers, reports Matt Barrow of the Sacramento Bee.