NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 3 of the NFL preseason kicks off Thursday with the Atlanta Falcons squaring off against the Miami Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks hosting the Dallas Cowboys. It's start of the dress rehearsal games, meaning the starters will get a significant portion of the playing time.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The San Diego Chargers have pulled their "best offer" to rookie defensive end Joey Bosa, reports Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune. Bosa, the 2016 No. 3 pick, is the only unsigned draft pick remaining.
• The New England Patriots traded center Bryan Stork to the Washington Redskins for a conditional draft pick, reports Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
• The Canadian Football League would welcome Johnny Manziel if he wanted to play there this season, commissioner Jeffrey Orridge told ESPN's Kevin Seifert.
• New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith is still the team's backup despite a push from third-stringer Bryce Petty, reports ESPN's Rich Cimini.
• Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham will play with the first-team offense on Saturday against the Indianapolis Colts, reports Chris Wesseling of NFL.com. The Eagles acquired Green-Beckham in a trade with the Tennessee Titans last week.
• Houston Texans center Nick Martin underwent ankle surgery and could miss the entire 2016 season, reports Rapoport.
• The Detroit Lions have released running back Stevan Ridley, reports Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.