The latest news from the NFL off-season on Drew Brees's contract situation and Jared Goff's playing status.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The regular season kicks off on Thursday night with the Denver Broncos playing host to the Carolina Panthers in a Super Bowl 50 rematch.
The New Orleans Saints have taken care of one last piece of off-season business, as they're expected to sign quarterback Drew Brees to a contract extension on Wednesday.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff will be inactive for the team's season opener against the San Francisco 49ers on Monday, reports Steve Wyche of NFL Network. Goff is the team's third-string quarterback behind Case Keenum and Sean Mannion.
• The pending domestic violence charges against Dallas Cowboys rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott have been dropped, reports ESPN's Jean-Jacques Taylor.
• The New England Patriots announced they have acquired defensive back Eric Rowe in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles.
• New England also released offensive lineman Josh Kline. Kline was originally included in trade talks with the Eagles, but was taken out of discussions later in the day.
• The Saints have released quarterback Garrett Grayson, according to Pro Football Talk. Grayson was the team's third-round pick in the 2015 draft.
• Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson is appealing his four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, saying it's related to the treatment he received for Crohn's disease, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
• The Eagles have extended kicker Caleb Sturgis through the 2017 season, reports Pro Football Talk's Michael David Smith.