NFL rumors: Latest Week 2 news on injuries, contracts, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 1 of the NFL season wrapped up Monday night with a pair of blowouts. The Pittsburgh Steelers knocked off the Washington Redskins for a 38–16 victory, and the San Francisco 49ers dominated the Los Angeles Rams, winning 28–0.
Next week's games begin on Thursday, with the Buffalo Bills set to host the New York Jets.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson will not miss Sunday's game against the Rams despite suffering an ankle injury in their win over the Miami Dolphins, reports Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
• Wilson's sprained ankle is "significant," according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• The San Diego Chargers announced that wide receiver Keenan Allen will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL.
• The Cleveland Browns announced they have placed quarterback Robert Griffin III on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. He will be unavailable to return until Week 10 at the earliest.
• Browns head coach Hue Jackson said the team will not trade for a quarterback in the wake of Griffin's injury, reports Marc Sessler of NFL.com. Josh McCown is slated to take over as the starter.
• Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins said he will play in Thursday's game despite suffering from a foot injury, reports Chris Brown of NFL Network.
• Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier is "completely fine" after suffering a knee injury that forced him to leave the game against the Redskins, reports Dejan Kovacevic of DK Pittsburgh Sports.
• Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer won't name a starting quarterback for Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers until later in the week, reports Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.