NFL rumors: Week 4 news on injuries, suspensions, more
The Cincinnati Bengals kicked off Week 4 with a dominant 22–7 win over the Miami Dolphins on Thursday Night Football. Cincinnati is now 2–2 on the season, while Miami dropped to 1–3.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt's season is likely over after having back surgery on Thursday, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon announced that he is stepping away from football to enter rehab. Gordon was eligible to return from a four-game suspension next week against the New England Patriots.
• Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said there's "no doubt" he'll play on Sunday against the New York Jets despite suffering a sprained MCL last weekend, reports Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
• Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is not expected to play Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers with a hairline fracture of the tibial plateau in his right knee, reports Schefter.
• Texans head coach Bill O'Brien will now call offensive plays, taking the duty away from offensive coordinator George Godsey, reports Mark Berman of Fox 26.
• Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Patriots owner Robert Kraft have bought a part of the UFC, reports Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk.
• Lady Gaga confirmed on Twitter that she will perform during the Super Bowl LI halftime show.