NFL rumors: Week 6 news on injuries, suspensions, more
Week 6 of the season kicks off on Thursday night, with the San Diego Chargers preparing to host the Denver Broncos. Quarterback Trevor Siemian is expected to start for the Broncos after missing last weekend's game with a shoulder injury.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins will not have surgery on his injured foot, leaving the possibility open for a late-season return, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker will have season-ending surgery on his torn rotator cuff, the team announced.
• Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant will return to practice this week, reports ESPN's Todd Archer. Bryant has missed the last two games due to a tibial plateau fracture in his right leg.
• Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer has been cleared to practice after missing Thursday's win over the San Francisco 49ers with a concussion, the team announced.
• Washington Redskins rookie safety Su'a Cravens announced on Twitter that the concussion in suffered in Week 4 has permanently impaired his vision, causing him to get glasses.
• Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith has not practiced this week due to an ankle injury, leaving his playing status for Sunday against the New York Giants in question, reports Mark E. Ortega of NFL.com.
• The Pittsburgh Steelers announced they have signed former Bills running back Karlos Williams to their practice squad.