NFL rumors: Week 6 news on injuries, suspensions, more
The San Diego Chargers are set to play host to the Denver Broncos on Thursday Night Football. However, the biggest news of the day comes from the San Francisco 49ers, who agreed to a restructured contract with quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The new deal is for one year with a player option for 2017.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian will start against the Chargers, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• Dallas Cowboys rookie quarterback Dak Prescott told the team's website there's no quarterback controversy and that the Cowboys are "Tony [Romo]'s team." Prescott has led Dallas to a 4–1 record.
• Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (concussion) and running back Jonathan Stewart (hamstring) are expected to start Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, reports ESPN's David Newton.
• Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles is expected to see an increased workload Sunday against the Oakland Raiders, reports Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star. It will be Charles' second game back from a torn ACL.
• The Washington Redskins announced that tight end Jordan Reed is being evaluated for a concussion, which would be the sixth of his career.
• Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck took the blame for being sacked a league-high 20 times this season, saying he has been holding onto the ball too long, reports ESPN's Mike Wells.
• New Orleans Saints wide receiver Brandin Cooks will not stop doing the NFL's banned bow-and-arrow celebration even if he gets fined, reports Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune.