By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 7 of the NFL season wrapped up on Monday night with the Denver Broncos dominating the Houston Texans for a 27–9 win. However, the biggest news of the night came from a former Texan: Miami Dolphins running back Arian Foster, who announced his retirement from the league via The Uninterrupted.
With the trade deadline approaching on Tuesday, Nov. 1, there are plenty of rumors swirling about which players may be dealt over the course of the next week.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The San Francisco 49ers are in talks about trading wide receiver Torrey Smith to the Philadelphia Eagles, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson said the team will not trade offensive tackle Joe Thomas.
• 49ers head coach Chip Kelly also denied rumors that the team is looking to trade offensive tackle Joe Staley, reports Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area.
• Texans right tackle Derek Newton tore both patella tendons in Monday's loss against the Broncos, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith is out for the season with a torn ACL, reports ESPN's Rich Cimini.
• The Arizona Cardinals have had discussions with defensive end Chandler Jones about a new contract, reports Darren Urban of the team's website.
• San Diego Chargers rookie tight end Hunter Henry suffered a concussion in Sunday's win over the Atlanta Falcons, reports Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune.