By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 9 of the NFL season kicks off tonight, when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers host the Atlanta Falcons. However, the biggest news of the day comes from the Philadelphia Eagles, who released wide receiver Josh Huff after his arrest on Tuesday.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner surprisingly resigned on Wednesday, and Patrick Reusse of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the team forced him to do so.
• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected to play Sunday, reports Aditi Kinkhawbala of NFL Network. He is two weeks removed from meniscus surgery.
• The Kansas City Chiefs announced that quarterback Nick Foles will start on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts over the injured Alex Smith.
• Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy returned to practice on Thursday after missing last week's loss to the New England Patriots with a hamstring injury, reports Mark E. Ortega of NFL.com.
• Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Calais Campbell was fined over $18K for his low hit on Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, reports Jarrett Bell of USA Today.
• New Orleans Saints rookie defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins is expected to make his NFL debut on Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers after starting the season on IR with a broken leg, reports ESPN's Michael Triplett.
• New York Giants rookie safety Darian Thompson is unlikely to play Sunday against the Eagles after re-aggravating a foot injury, reports ESPN's Jordan Raanan.