NFL rumors: Week 11 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 10 closed with the New York Giants picking up their fourth-straight victory with a 21-20 win over the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday Night Football. Now that we're in the second half of the season, injuries are starting to pile up for several teams.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski suffered a punctured lung in their 31-24 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, but is expected to miss just one game, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• Chicago Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy, the team announced.
• The relationship between Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and head coach Mike McCarthy is close to imploding, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• Cleveland Browns quarterback Robert Griffin III plans to play before the end of the season, reports Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. Griffin hasn't played since fracturing his shoulder in Week 1.
• Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll told 710 ESPN Radio in Seattle that running back Thomas Rawls is expected to play on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. Rawls has been out since suffering a fibula injury in Week 2.
• Los Angeles Rams defensive end Robert Quinn admitted himself into the hospital with a non-football related illness and is in stable condition the team announced.
• Atlanta Falcons tight end Jacob Tamme will miss the rest of the season following shoulder surgery, reports ESPN's Vaughn McClure.
• Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson announced that he has partnered with the Sonics Arena Group to help bring an NBA team back to Seattle.