NFL Week 11 actives/inactives: Telvin Smith, James Winchester playing after tragedies
Two NFL players will take the field this week after experiencing tragic losses during the week.
Chiefs long snapper James Winchester’s father, Michael, was shot to death Tuesday at the Oklahoma City airport by a disgruntled former employee. Winchester will play in Sunday afternoon’s game against the Buccaneers after attending his father’s funeral on Saturday.
Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith will also play Sunday after attending his brother’s funeral in Georgia on Saturday. Brian Moore, 25, was fatally shot Sunday in Georgia. Smith missed practice this week but rejoined the team in Detroit on Saturday. Smith’s girlfriend gave birth to the couple’s first child on Wednesday.
For updates on players dealing with injuries, see the list below:
• WR Dez Bryant, Cowboys — Active
• QB Tony Romo, Cowboys — Active
• S Tyrann Mathieu, Cardinals — Inactive
• LB Justin Houston, Chiefs — Active
• TE Larry Donnell, Giants — Inactive
• G Justin Pugh, Giants — Inactive
• CB Justin Peters, Chiefs — Inactive
• WR Jeremy Maclin, Chiefs — Inactive
• WR Torrey Smith, 49ers — Inactive
• RB Dion Lewis, Patriots — Active