The latest news from Week 13 in the NFL on injuries to Rob Gronkowski and Jay Cutler.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Dallas Cowboys beat the Minnesota Vikings 17–15 on Thursday night, but it wasn't without controversy. Sam Bradford was hit in the facemask by a Cowboys defender on a two-point try with 25 second left, but no flag was thrown on the play, effectively ending the Vikings' comeback chance.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski needs back surgery, reports the Boston Globe. The surgery to repair a herniated disk will likely cost Gronkowski the rest of the season.
• The Vikings might have yet another injury on their hands. Safety Harrison Smith was spotted with a walking boot according to USA Today.
• Former NFL running back Joe McKnight was shot and killed Thursday, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune. It appears McKnight's death was the result of a road rage incident.
• Jay Cutler's season is over. The Chicago Bears announced Cutler needs season-ending surgery on his right shoulder.
• The Cowboys expect to get offensive guard La'el Collins back before the season ends, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports. Collins is currently on IR with a torn ligament in his toe.
• The Indianapolis Colts announced they've activated outside linebacker Trent Cole from injured reserve. To make roster space, the team waived quarterback Stephen Morris.
• The Kansas City Chiefs announced they've placed defensive end Jaye Howard on injured reserve. Howard as missed the last three games with a hip injury.
• Missouri Tigers defensive end Charles Harris is entering the NFL Draft. Harris is expected be a first round pick.