By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Dallas Cowboys beat the Minnesota Vikings 17–15 on Thursday night, but it wasn't without controversy. Sam Bradford was hit in the facemask by a Cowboys defender on a two-point try with 25 second left, but no flag was thrown on the play, effectively ending the Vikings' comeback chance.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski needs back surgery, reports the Boston Globe. The surgery to repair a herniated disk will likely cost Gronkowski the rest of the season.
• The Vikings might have yet another injury on their hands. Safety Harrison Smith was spotted with a walking boot according to USA Today.
• Former NFL running back Joe McKnight was shot and killed Thursday, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune. It appears McKnight's death was the result of a road rage incident.
• Jay Cutler's season is over. The Chicago Bears announced Cutler needs season-ending surgery on his right shoulder.
• The Cowboys expect to get offensive guard La'el Collins back before the season ends, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports. Collins is currently on IR with a torn ligament in his toe.
• The Indianapolis Colts announced they've activated outside linebacker Trent Cole from injured reserve. To make roster space, the team waived quarterback Stephen Morris.
• The Kansas City Chiefs announced they've placed defensive end Jaye Howard on injured reserve. Howard as missed the last three games with a hip injury.
• Missouri Tigers defensive end Charles Harris is entering the NFL Draft. Harris is expected be a first round pick.