Get the latest news, updates and rumors from around the NFL as training camp continues.
Rookie quarterbacks, like the Cardinals' No. 1 overall pick Kyler Murray and the Giants' Daniel Jones (No. 6), starred in this week's preseason games. With three games left in the first round of preseason play, all of which will be played Saturday night, fans are starting to get a glimpse at how the 2019 NFL season will shape up.
Both the Raiders' Antonio Brown and Cleveland's Antonio Callaway have also made headlines this week during training camp, each for their own reasons.
Stay up to date with the latest rumors and news around the league.
News and Rumors:
• The Saints released wide receiver Rishard Matthews and tight end Jake Powell. Coach Sean Payton confirmed Richards chose to leave. Payton did not provide a reason for Matthews's departure but said, "It's not for everyone." (Mike Triplett, ESPN)
• Cleveland head coach Freddie Kitchens says the Browns will not "put up with" WR Antonio Callaway's indiscretions. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
• The Bills have signed cornerback Captain Munnerlyn. (Mike Garafolo, NFL Network)
• Raiders' Antonio Brown is threatening to quit football if he is not allowed to wear his old helmet. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
• The Lions are signing QB Josh Johnson after he worked out with the team Saturday morning. (Mike Garafolo, NFL Network)
• The Lions activated DE Trey Flowers (shoulder) from PUP list. He is expected to be ready for the season. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
• 49ers first-round pick defensive end Nick Bosa was diagnosed with an ankle sprain. The team will be cautious with Bosa and he will not play in the preseason. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)