The New York Giants have activated left tackle Andrew Thomas off the injured reserve list, making him available for tonight's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Thomas has been on IR since October 19 with foot and ankle injuries. He made enough progress to where the second-year offensive lineman said he felt good about making a return to the field.
“Coming off the bye, I got some time to get some reps in and I’m feeling pretty good,” Thomas said four days after the Giants opened the 21-day window on his return. “Nothing right now [standing in the way of playing] in my mind.”
Thomas's return would be great news for the Giants offense, which appears to be getting healthier by the week. Giants quarterback Daniel Jones in particular, stands to benefit from Thomas's return, as he averaged 285.2 yards with Thomas in the lineup versus 158.3 without him.
Why the Giants Will Win, Why They Won't, and a Week 13 Prediction
The Giants will try to stack back-to-back wins together for the first time this season.
New York Giants at Miami Dolphins: Game Info, Odds, Notes, and More
Here's everything you need to know about the New York Giants at Miami Dolphins.
In other roster moves, the Giants signed outside linebacker Trent Harris from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
Harris, who has twice been elevated from the practice squad, will give the Giants depth with Lorenzo Carter dealing with an ankle injury that has cost him the last two games and, more recently, a stomach virus that caused him to miss four days of practice last week. Carter has already been declared out.
Receiver/return specialist Pharoh Cooper was activated as the COVID-19 replacement for safety Logan Ryan. The Giants also elevated tight end Chris Myarick and defensive back Steven Parker from the practice squad.
More from Giants Country
- New York Giants Week 11 Opponent First Look: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Offense
- What the Giants Want to Accomplish on Offense in Second Half of Season
- Daniel Jones-led Giants Seeking First Primetime Win
- New York Giants Week 11 Opponent First Look: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defense
- Charting a New York Giants' Playoffs Path
- Behind Enemy Lines: Insider Analysis on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Giants Offense Nearing Full Strength Ahead of Critical Game vs. Bucs
- New York Giants Week 11: Keys to the Game vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Why the Giants Will Win, Why They Won't and a Prediction
- Bucs QB Tom Brady Reveals His Favorite NFL Team to Beat
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel