Odell Beckham Jr. signed a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Rams a little under two weeks ago that can pay him up to $4.25 million with the majority of the deal being heavily based upon incentives.
Beckham announced on Twitter he's taking the new salary that he signed with his new club in the form of Bitcoin. His contract includes a base salary of $750,000.
"It's the start of a new era," Beckham said in the video he released on Twitter. "I'm looking forward to the future. That's why I'm taking my new salary in Bitcoin. Thanks to Cash App, to all my fans out there – no matter where you are – I want to say: 'thank you.' I'm giving back a total of $1 million dollars worth of BTC to celebrate you."
Beckham says he's giving away $1 million worth of Bitcoin to Cash App users. You can comment your cashtag under Beckham's latest tweet to be considered.
Beckham's contract will expire at the conclusion of the 2021 NFL season. If the Rams don't re-sign him, he'll hit the free-agent market with the availability to sign with any potential suitor in March.
Rams Ranking: NFL ‘Cap Hell’ Coming?
The Rams haven't shied away from spending big this offseason as they gear up for another deep playoff run
Rams 2022 Training Camp Dates Set
Follow along with RamDigest.com as we keep you up to date with all firings, hirings, and breaking news in the NFL
Rams Sean McVay Admits Over-Coaching in Super Bowl LIII Loss: 'Unnecessary Stuff'
McVay admitted that his overthinking cost his team a Super Bowl ring against the Patriots back in 2018
Beckham made his Rams debut in Week 10 with the Rams where he logged two catches for 18 yards against the San Francisco 49ers. After the Rams entered their Week 11 bye, Beckham should be more familiar with the play calls and his responsibility within the offense.
Beckham will hit the field for his second time in a Rams uniform this Sunday when the team heads to Green Bay to take on the 8-3 Packers.
More from Ram Digest:
- Packers Dealing With Long List of Injuries Ahead of Week 12 Matchup vs. Rams
- Rams at Packers Week 12 Opening Odds: Point Spread, Over/Under, Moneyline
- Seahawks Made Strongest Initial Offer Prior to Odell Beckham Jr. Signing With Rams
- Rams' 2021 Rookie Class Midseason Breakdown
- Grading Each Rams' Position Group Through Week 10
- Each of the Rams' Lopsided Losses Have a Distinct Theme
- Five Key Areas the Rams Must Improve
- Jimmie Ward Seeks Payback on Odell Beckham Jr. Following Hit on Interception
- Jay Glazer: 'Odell Wanted to go to L.A. the Whole Time'
- Rams OC Kevin O'Connell Named a Head Coaching Candidate for 2022