Theo Walcott has denied a “bust-up” with Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger.
Arsenal forward Theo Walcott denied reports of a disagreement between him and manager Arsène Wenger over a new contract.
Walcott’s contract with the club ends at the conclusion of the 2015-16 season. He signed a three and a half year deal with Arsenal in 2013.
Walcott wrote on Twitter dismissing the rumors of a rift, saying “I don't normally comment on false stories about myself but reports about contract demands & bust-ups with the boss are complete nonsense…”
Walcott also says there have been no contract extension talks and that his focus is on performing for the team.
"I always wanted to keep him and I still want to keep him now,” Wenger said about Walcott earlier this month. "I want him to stay and be a regular player and fight for his place, but no matter where you go if it is a big club you have to compete for your place."
The 26-year-old Walcott missed nine months of action with a knee injury and has played in only eight total games this season, scoring two goals.
Arsenal is in third place in the Premier League, one point behind Manchester City. Their next Premier League game is April 4 against Liverpool.
I don't normally comment on false stories about myself but reports about contract demands & bust-ups with the boss are complete nonsense...— Theo Walcott (@theowalcott) March 26, 2015
There have been no contract talks as yet and my current focus is not on contracts but on doing my best for Arsenal FC.— Theo Walcott (@theowalcott) March 26, 2015
- Scooby Axson