The cell that carried out the attacks in Paris and Brussels were reportedly planning to target the Euro 2016 soccer championships in France.
An ISIS terror suspect reportedly told interrogators that Euro 2016 was a targeted event of the group that carried out recent attacks in Paris and Brussels, according to CNN.
Mohamed Abrini, one of six suspects captured in Belgium last week, is reportedly having his claims verified by investigators.
There have been security concerns surrounding Euro 2016, with UEFA even mulling the possibility of playing games in vacant stadiums before playing down the suggestion. Euro 2016 is slated to begin on June 10, with France hosting Romania in the opening match at the Stade de France.
Part of the November attacks in Paris took place outside of that very stadium, where France and Germany were playing an international friendly. Multiple reports said a suicide bomber was prevented from entering the stadium before detonating outside of it. Fans remained in the stadium long after the match ended for safety reasons before dispersing.