November 21, 2016

HINWIL, Switzerland (AP) Formula One team Sauber says it extended the contract of Swedish driver Marcus Ericsson for the 2017 season.

Ericsson has failed to score points this season with no top-10 finishes in 20 races ahead of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday.

The 26-year-old Ericsson scored nine points in his debut season with Sauber last year.

The future of teammate Felipe Nasr is uncertain.

Switzerland-based Sauber says its second driver for 2017 ''will be announced in due course.''

Nasr earned Sauber's only scoring finish - two points from ninth place - last week at his home Brazilian Grand Prix.

You May Like