By Tyler Radecki
February 20, 2012

Manny Pacquiao turned down a $40 million guarantee to fight Floyd Mayweather earlier this month, but Pacquiao says that Mayweather’s offer was just a public relations stunt and not financially acceptable, according to Yahoo! Sports.

“He offered me $40 million, and no pay-per-view [money],” Pacquiao told Yahoo! Sports. “No pay-per-view. Can you believe that? Would you do that? Come on. What would he say if I offered him $50 million – not $40 million, $50 million – and said ‘No pay-per-view. Take this money and be happy, but no pay-per-view.’ He wouldn’t do it, either.”

According to Yahoo! Sports, the fight would likely generate over $160 million in pay-per-view money. Pacquiao insists he wants to fight, but at a more reasonable offer; he asked Mayweather for $50 million guaranteed with the pay-per-view money being split, according to Yahoo! Sports.

“I told him, ‘OK, 50-50 [with the money] and I’ll agree to everything else,’ ” Pacquiao said. “I told him I would agree to all of the other things he was demanding. Everything. Even the blood testing he wanted, I would do it. But it had to be 50-50.”

That offer had no response from Mayweather’s side, according to Yahoo! Sports.

You May Like