By C.W. Sesno, SI.com
A wet a wacky French Open is in the books. Here's a look at some telling quotes from top players...
• "He's definitely the best player in history on this surface and the results are showing that he's one of the best-ever players to play this game.''
-- Novak Djokovic on Rafael Nadal's domination at Roland Garros.
• "This tournament is, for me, the most special tournament of the world."
-- Rafael Nadal on Roland Garros.
• "I love my work. I've always said this: I love playing tennis. I had so many outs in my career. I could have said, I don't need this. I have money; I have fame; I have victories; I have Grand Slams. But when your love for something is bigger than all those things, you continue to keep getting up in the morning when it's freezing outside, when you know that it can be the most difficult day, when nothing is working, when you feel like the belief sometimes isn't there from the outside world, and you seem so small. But you can achieve great things when you don't listen to all those things."
-- Maria Sharapova reflecting on her inner drive to keep competing.
• "Not the first time it happens. (Laughter.) It’s strange, I'll tell you that. It’s weird. It’s strange. It’s everything you can imagine. I’m happy to hear it, though."
-- Roger Federer after being told his fourth-round opponent, David Goffin, idolized him growing up.
• "I was pissed."
-- Paul-Henri Mathieu after being asked about failed match point conversions.
• "I have to just think that it's not a normal thing for me to make final of Grand Slam. I don't expect to make final now in other tournament. ... So I have to think that I will lose, of course, other weeks. So I have to know it, and that's it."
-- Sara Errani on the importance of reaching a Grand Slam final going forward.
• "Yeah, I’m going to go home. I don’t even want to think about tennis right now."
-- John Isner, on his next steps to recover from a tough loss to Mathieu.
• "I think it’s too much for me. I mean, I’m bored with myself on a daily basis, and I think if I’m bored, like eating a bowl of pasta, I don’t need to let the world know that I’m at this restaurant eating a bowl of pasta."
-- Maria Sharapova on why she hasn't embraced Twitter.
• "Yeah, they definitely inspire. I mean, not only ‑‑ race has nothing to do with it, but they inspire everyone to play tennis. They’re two of the best tennis players to ever play the game. I think they’re a really great inspiration to everyone. I like them. I think they’re funny."
-- Sloane Stephens on the inspiration of the Williams sisters.
• "Yeah. I mean, it's good to know that in a Grand Slam, I can be in the semifinal. But next I have to be in a different half than Maria."
-- Petra Kvitova, on reaching the semifinals in Australia and French Open.
• "I'll try and remember this match and this loss so I have more confidence in tournaments like Wimbledon. Because if I can hurt top players on clay, I can do worse on grass."
-- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga after his loss to Novak Djokovic in the semifinals.
• "I'm gonna kill myself. What am I going to do recovering? I'm just gonna go on the practice court and practice again."
-- Victoria Azarenka's sarcastic reply about what she'll do to recover from her early exit from Paris.
• "The league tennis, that's kind of funny. It was like a Thursday night ‑‑ I think it was called MTTL, Middle Tennessee Tennis League, where my dad and my uncle played on the team. And they kind of just threw me in there every couple times if they didn't have enough people to set the line up. But, yeah, that's funny to go from there a year ago to here now."
-- Brian Baker, on where he was one year ago.
What were your favorite quotes of the tournament? Sound off in the comments.