The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: The players play a game of "This or That" at the Sony Open player party. Naughty.
• Sorry, David Ferrer, but you're no longer going to get away with screaming Spanish cuss words.
• Good to hear that the Sony Open is planning a significant renovation of Crandon Park. The site is in dire need of one, and the tournament won't be able to compete with Indian Wells otherwise. To say the players are happy about the news would be an understatement. The tweet below from Sergiy Stakhovsky was retweeted by a number of current and former players. The Ukrainian journeyman, who sits on the ATP Player Council, didn't hold back in criticizing the current state of the tournament:
• Ana Ivanovic confirmed she'll play next week's tournament in Monterrey, Mexico. Victoria Azarenka announced her withdrawal earlier in the week.
• Andrea Petkovic has been given a main-draw wild card into next week's Family Circle Cup in Charleston, S.C.
• Here's a great screencap of Tommy Haas and daughter Valentina from earlier this week:
• From The Telegraph, Andy Murray on the grind on tour. He sympathizes with players who don't get to see their friends and family very often.
“We are very lucky to be from the UK because you can get almost everywhere in one flight from London.
"But if you ask Bernard Tomic, the Aussies sometimes spend four months away at a time, playing a lot of tournaments, and not being with their friends and family.
"One of the downsides of that is sometimes, when you go home, some guys just go wild because they know they’re only going to have a few days.”