Daily Bagel: Raonic gets booed after bathroom break, Halep gets a Porsche
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Venus Williams made her professional debut 20 years ago today. For The Win has the look-back.
• Simona Halep was gifted a Porsche to commemorate her great season.
• Peter Bodo takes a look at Andy Murray's 20-2 run that has put him back into the World Tour Finals.
• Great collection of some of the best player/umpire exchanges in recent history.
• Read about the ATP's Most Improved Player nominees here.
• Read up on the history of Jewish tennis players in Sandra Harwitt's new book.
• Happy Halloween from Tommy Haas:
• Milos Raonic was booed by the Paris crowd after taking an eight-minute bathroom break. They're probably going to keep booing after Raonic upset Roger Federer on Friday 7-6, 7-5, to make the semifinals.
• Andy Murray says the Spanish Tennis Federation made a mess of its Davis Cup captain appointment because it didn't consult with the players.
• Great curler here from Kevin Anderson on Thursday en route to the upset win over Stan Wawrinka. He couldn't back it up though, losing to Tomas Berdych -- again -- to drop to 0-12 against the Czech.
• And how about this cat-and-mouse game between Gael Monfils and Joao Sousa in Paris? Naughty, indeed.
• Non-tennis: Shakespeare's work emails.