A look at the WTA Finals without Serena Williams, James Blake and more of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Christopher Clarey of The New York Times on the WTA Finals sans Serena Williams.
• Former World No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt has been named Australia’s new Davis Cup captain. Hewitt’s first tie will be next March when Australia hosts the U.S.
• Courtney Nguyen of the WTA Insider has introduced a new podcast in Singapore.
• Congratulations are in order for Bob Bryan and his wife Michelle, who just welcomed a new baby boy into the world:
• From the Huffington Post: A look into why older players are finding more success in tennis than younger ones.
• On the Tennis Channel, James Blake talked about the status of his excessive force incident and more.
• Justine Henin, Marat Safin and Helena Sukova were nominated for the 2016 International Tennis Hall of Fame Induction.
• An interview with Rafael Nadal about his 2015 season woes:
“I have not lost the mental strength. What I have lost is the control of myself, of the emotions. I have had more anxiety than I should. I have not lost the mental strength because I’m working as usual, even more. I’m very excited, motivated and working more because my physical condition allows me to do it.”
• ICYMI: Lindsay Davenport was once again this week’s guest on the SI Tennis Beyond the Baseline Podcast. Take a listen below and let us know your feedback, suggestions for guests and comments on the podcast on Twitter @SI_Tennis.