Las Vegas Aces' A'ja Wilson has won the 2020 WNBA MVP award.
The league announced on Thursday that the 24-year-old was the new MVP after having dominating performances on both offense and defense this season.
Wilson finished second in the WNBA in scoring with 20.5 points per game. The two-time All-star was also first in the league for blocks per game and near the top of the league in rebounds averaging 8.5 per contest.
The league also announced Lynx point guard Crystal Dangerfield won the Rookie of the Year award. Dangerfield finished second in scoring among rookies, with 16.2 points per game, and averaged 30 minutes of action per contest.
Another award was presented to the Lynx team as head coach Cheryl Reeve took home the Coach of the Year award.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Reggie Miller and Chris Webber Preview the X-Factors of the Western Conference Finals
- Wade Barrett Signs With WWE as Part of the NXT Broadcast Team
- Messi Scores Pair of Goals in Barcelona's Preseason Friendly vs. Girona
- Mickie James Seeks Seventh WWE Title in Championship Program With Asuka
- Gareth Bale's Agent Confirms Talks Over Possible Tottenham Return From Real Madrid
- Ten Things We Learned From the Big Ten's Reversal on Playing a Fall Season
- Daniel Cormier Would Relish WWE Commentary Role: ‘I Would Love That, and I Wouldn’t Be Faking It’
- Mailbag: How Does the Big Ten's Return Affect the NFL Draft?