The roster for the 2014-16 USA Men's Basketball National Team was announced by national team managing director Jerry Colangelo on Monday.
The 19 players will participate in the USA National Team training camp in Las Vegas from July 28 to Aug. 1. The roster will be cut down to 12 players for the 2014 World Cup of Basketball in Spain.
The 19-player roster includes, alphabetically:
- Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards)
- DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings)
- Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans)
- DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors)
- Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons)
- Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder)
- Kenneth Faried (Denver Nuggets)
- Paul George (Indiana Pacers)
- Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers)
- James Harden (Houston Rockets)
- Gordon Hayward (Utah Jazz)
- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Kyle Korver (Atlanta Hawks)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves)
- Chandler Parsons (Dallas Mavericks)
- Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)
- Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors)
Among the 19, four (Davis, Durant, Harden and Love) were on the team that won the gold medal in the 2012 Olympics in London.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski said, according to USAB.com:
"It’s valuable to have some veteran leadership who has won gold at the highest levels internationally. The list also includes some of the most exciting young players who could definitely contribute to this team. Myself and the entire coaching staff are excited to get things underway and as we’ve done each summer our team will strive to represent the United States with respect and a commitment to excellence that hopefully will make every American proud."
The 2014 FIBA World Cup, featuring 24 national teams, is scheduled for Aug. 30 to Sept. 14 in Spain. The USA World Cup team will play in Group C, against teams from the Dominican Republic, New Zealand, Turkey and Ukraine.
The United States won the 2010 FIBA World Championship, which is now known as the World Cup.
- Sarah Barshop