Chris Bosh is putting pressure on the Miami Heat to let him return during the playoffs, reports ESPN’s Dan Le Batard.
Bosh has missed every game since the All-Star break while dealing with the recurrence of a blood clot. The Heat are currently in the second round of the playoffs, and will begin their series against the Raptors on Tuesday.
Bosh released a statement last month saying he was “positive” he would return this season. He has posted videos to social media of him working out and shooting, but the Heat have remained silent about a return.
Bosh played in only 44 games last season, missing every game after Feb. 21, 2015 due to a blood clot on one of his lungs.
“[The Heat and Bosh] are not in agreement here,” Le Batard said on his radio show. “The two sides—This runs the risk of getting problematic here at a bad time, because Chris Bosh wants on the court. It’s obvious that Chris Bosh wants on the court and that he’s pressuring the organization.
“[The Heat are] telling me that they’re protecting him from him, but he doesn’t feel any symptoms. This doesn’t feel like the last time. All the doctors the Heat are talking to are saying, and they’re the foremost authorities on this stuff, ‘Hey, a second recurrence of a blood clot situation could be catastrophic, where you’ve got a death on the court.’”
The NBPA has also gotten involved in the situation. “Our top priority is Chris' health and well-being. We have spoken with Chris and his agent, and have reached out to the Miami Heat. We are hopeful that all parties involved can meet as soon as possible to resolve the situation,” a spokesperson told Yahoo Sports.
Bosh has been seen on the Heat bench during the playoffs, and even traveled to Charlotte during the team’s first-round series. The Heat open the second round against the Raptors in Toronto on Tuesday.
During the regular season, Bosh averaged 19.1 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.