By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA off-season is in a quiet point with few notable free agents available, but there is still some buzz around the league centered around trade rumors. Olympic basketball also continues on Wednesday with Team USA facing Australia.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Philadelphia 76ers head coach Brett Brown told ThaCover2.com that rookie forward Ben Simmons will play point guard at times this season.
• Oklahoma City forward Enes Kanter has been disowned by his family for supporting Pennsylvania-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, who is suspected to be involved in the attempted coup in Turkey last month, reports Mark Suleymanov of GiveMeSport.com.
• NBA veteran Ray Allen wants to return to the league in order to extend his all-time three-point record over Stephen Curry, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. Allen has reportedly talked to the Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks about a comeback.
• Former Brooklyn Nets point guard Shane Larkin has signed with Spanish powerhouse Baskonia, reports Sportsnado.
• The Celtics and New York Knicks will play on Christmas Day in Madison Square Garden, reports Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.
• The Orlando Magic revealed new black alternate uniforms on Tuesday. They will serve as the team's fifth uniform.