By Brain Rauf, Chat Sports
With the off-season in a quiet point, the Chris Bosh saga with the Miami Heat is taking center stage. After his past two seasons were cut short due to blood clots, Bosh expects to be cleared to play this season and is frustrated with the Heat's handling of his situation.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors have expressed interest in signing free-agent center Larry Sanders, reports Mike Piellucci of Vice Sports. Sanders last played for the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2014-15 season.
• Orlando Magic forward Serge Ibaka didn't request a trade from the Oklahoma City Thunder after the season, he said in a piece he wrote for The Cauldron.
• Forward Joffrey Lauvergne has been traded by the Denver Nuggets to the Thunder, reports ESPN’s Royce Young.
• Oklahoma City is likely to trade or release forward Mitch McGary as a result of the Lauvergne trade, reports Young.
• The New Orleans Pelicans have been "pretty aggressive" in targeting the higher-level free agent guards remaining, reports Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders.
• The Charlotte Hornets will sign undrafted free-agent Perry Ellis to a training camp deal, reports Gary Bedore of the Kansas City Star.
• Center Tibor Pleiss will receive his full $2.8 million salary even if he is waived by the Philadelphia 76ers as expected, reports Lefteris Moutis of Eurohoops.net.