NBA rumors: Latest news from the off-season
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA world will have its attention focused on Springfield, Mass. on Friday, when the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame will enshrine the 2016 class, headlined by Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson and Yao Ming.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Minnesota Timberwolves are still waiting on power forward Kevin Garnett to decide if he will retire or return to the team for the upcoming season, reports Steve Aschburner of NBA.com.
• The Philadelphia 76ers still plan to trade either Nerlens Noel or Jahlil Okafor, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• Cleveland Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert was arrested on suspicion of DUI stemming from a Aug. 10 traffic stop, reports ESPN's Marc J. Spears.
• New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis has been cleared to play, the team announced. Davis has been out for nearly six months after having a procedure on his left knee.
• Cavaliers forwards LeBron James and James Jones, along with Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul have been served with notices of deposition in former NBA player's union executive director Billy Hunter's wrongful termination lawsuit, reports ESPN's Ethan Strauss.
• Free-agent forward Charlie Villanueva is exploring the possibility of playing in China this season, reports David Pick of Bleacher Report.
• The Indiana Pacers announced the signings of veteran forward Kevin Seraphin and undrafted rookie guard Nick Ziesloft.