NBA rumors: Latest news from the off-season
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The start of NBA training camps is still over two weeks away, but the off-season is starting to wind down. With the Hall of Fame inductions completed, there are no notable dates on the NBA calendar until training camps begin in late September.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports "there is growing optimism" that Chris Bosh will be cleared to return to the Miami Heat while remaining on blood thinners. Bosh has battled blood clots in each of the last two years.
• Dwight Howard was taken to the hospital following his 17-hour flight back from China on Sunday night. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports the Hawks big man has been treated for dehydration and released.
• Los Angeles Clippers head coach Doc Rivers told the Boston Globe he thought Kevin Durant would sign with the Clippers. Rivers also said the Thunder and Celtics believed they would land Durant.
• Deron Williams has been cleared to practice in time for Dallas Mavericks training camp, reports Mike Fisher of DallasBasketball.com. Williams is coming off sports hernia surgery.
• Point guard Devin Harris is still recovering from toe surgery. ESPN's Tim McMahon reports he'll be limited the first week of training camp.
• With Jrue Holiday out for the start of the season, the New Orleans Pelicans will need a replacement point guard. Brett Dawson of the New Orleans Advocate said on his podcast that Tim Frazier is "the safe bet" to assume that role.
• The Brooklyn Nets invited Tibor Pleiss to work out for them, but he's likely to play overseas next year, reports David Pick. Pleiss was waived by the Philadelphia 76ers last week after the Utah Jazz traded him.